- Read the Syllabus and familiarize yourself with the Schedule.
- Take note of the left-hand side of the course webpage. There you will find my contact information as well as ways to message me or schedule appointments with me.
- Download Microsoft Teams on your computer and sign in using your Drake email address. Teams is an instant messaging app and you can use it to reach out to me instantly. There are also mobile apps available for Android and iPhone in case you want to be able to message me or classmates from your phone.
- If you haven’t done so already, go to http://drake-edu.zoom.us/ and create a Zoom account using your Drake credentials. For security reasons, please make sure you have the latest version of Zoom installed.
- During the first week of class, you will receive an email about being added to a codePost course. Complete the process of signing up for an account using your Drake email address. If you did not receive this email, reach out to your instructor. Keep in mind that all your grades in this course will be communicated via codePost instead of Blackboard.
- After logging into codePost, you will have access to a CS 65 course. Once you log in, you will find an Assignment 1. If you do not see the CS 65 course or Assignment 1, let me know.
- Download the assignment1_questionnaire.txt, open it in your text editor of choice, type your answers to each of the questions into the file, save it, and upload it to the Assignment 1 on codePost.
Important! For each reading on the Schedule, you must complete the reading and the self-check exercises before class on the corresponding day.